It’s inspiring to see the number of people and organizations that have come together to help raise money and awareness for the Harvey relief effort. As we continue to look for ways to help, we’ve rounded up a handful of events going on in Central Texas that will benefit a variety of organizations helping with relief efforts.
If you live in the Dallas, Austin, or San Antonio areas, here are a handful of events and benefits that will support the recovery process.
- State Fair of Texas/NorthPark
- If you visit the concierge desk at NorthPark, you can buy discounted tickets to the State Fair of Texas (Sept. 29-Oct. 22) $5 of the $15 purchase price will go to hurricane disaster relief through the Salvation Army and Red Cross. You can purchase tickets through October 22.
- http://b. https://www.guidelive.com/the-feels/2017/08/28/spend-money-dallas-help-hurricane-harvey-relief-restaurants-yoga-music
- Full City Rooster
- Full City Rooster will be donating 10% of all sales through the month of September to the Houston Humane Society and Red Cross.
- Oak Highlands Brewery
- Oak Highlands Brewery will be hosting a family night on Sept. 29th from 5-9pm to raise money for hurricane relief. All tips and 10% of sales will be donated!
- Perry’s Steakhouse
- Perry’s Steakhouse and Grill has a special, discounted 3-course menu to help benefit the victims of Hurricane Harvey. This will continue throughout the month of September, and $5 for each meal served will be donated to Harvey relief efforts!
- Kerbey Lane Harvey Relief
- Through the end of September, Kerbey Lane will donate $1 from every crispy chicken Benedict and green chile mac & cheese sold! This will be donated to the Austin Community Foundation Central Texas Long-Term Hurricane Recovery Fund, and all seven locations are participating.
- Capital Soul Club
- Capital Soul Club is putting on a Hurricane Relief Benefit on Friday, Sept. 22nd! It’s a $5 entry fee and all proceeds go to the Greater Houston Community Foundation.
- Tiny Pies Houston Food Bank Fundraiser
- At both Tiny Pies locations in Austin, they will donating $1 of every Two Step Tiny Pie to the Houston Food Bank. This fundraiser will run through the end of the September.
- Spider House Hurricane Harvey Relief Benefit
- This benefit will feature Superfonicos, Continental Drift, Minor Mishap Marching Band, and Wache! The festivities begin Sunday, September 24th at 7pm. All proceeds will go to Greater Houston Community Foundation’s Hurricane Relief Fun.
- Austin Happy Hour at ATX Cocina
- ATX Cocina is throwing a Slow Food Happy Hour Thursday Sept. 21st from 4:30-6:30pm! There is a $10 suggested donation to benefit the Texas Farmer Rancher Disaster Relief Fund, which will help local farmers and ranchers rebuild after Hurricane Harvey.
San Antonio Area
- Hopdoddy Burger Bar will be donating $1 of every Goodnight burger they sell for the entire month of September.
- Lick Honest Ice Cream
- Lick Honest Ice Creams will be donating 100% of the proceeds from its Texas Sheet Cake pints to the American Red Cross through Sept. 30th!
- Hooter’s Restaurant will donate $1 for every to-go meal placed through their new mobile app for the entire month of September.
- Which Wich
- Which Wich Sandwiches will will be donating $2 of every PB&J sold to the Red Cross of America for the month of September. The company will also be matching donations up to $100,000.
- Circle N Maze
- Circle N Maze in La Vernia is featuring a Texas-shaped maze with the words Texas Strong to support the people affected by Hurricane Harvey. The maze opens this Saturday, Sept 23rd, and a portion of the proceeds will help those affected by the storm.